This week’s update covers mostly minor improvements while we continue working on the upcoming “Video view” UI theme.
BitTubers.com revision: 0.013
- Sharing XP cost feature implemented. This is necessary for “share spam” mitigation to prevent users saturating others’ notifications with irrelevant shares. It now costs 1 XP to share to your connections and the square root of the member count to share to groups. For example, sharing to a group with 100 members will cost 10 XP, to a group with 1000 members will cost 32 XP, and so on. There is an artificial limit at 1M members (1000 XP).
- In “add to playlist” menu: added search filter for existing lists to avoid duplication.
- Implemented simplified version of the navigation menu throughout the application.
- Improved “related videos” results when in post view in desktop and mobile versions. Take a nature post, for example:
- Improved Home and Recommended loading times.
- Improved results in Recommended feed. Some improvements from “related posts” ported to Recommended. This is a work in progress, improved Trending algorithms will be next.
- Improved the user matching logic for suggesting users.
- Work continues to deliver the new “Video view” mode, the Real-Life Referral system, and the YouTube auto embedding features. A sneak peek (note, the end result may differ):
- Resolved 69 reported issues.
As we announced in our previous August update, a comprehensive list of upcoming features can be found on our subreddit r/BitTube:
Thank you for reading and have a great weekend!
Your BitTube Team